With a central theme of “Architects Leading Change”, DesignDC 2009 highlights for historic preservationists and like-minded professionals include:
- Keynote Address by Presented by Rollin Stanley, AICP, Planning Director for Montgomery County
- Did Wright Get it Right? > Presented by Steven M. Reiss, AIA
- Farmers Markets: Urban/Rural Connections > Presented by Fidel R. Delgado, AIA, United States Department of Agriculture.
- George Washington's Master Vision for the Federal City > Presented by Gayle T. Harris, President, Research Unlimited, Inc.
- The Evolution of Masonry: Past, Present, & Future of Designing with Brick > Presented by Peter Doo, AIA, LEED AP, President, Doo Consulting; and Robert Busler, AIA, Principal, Michael Winstanley Architects Planners.
- The Monumental Core Framework Plan > Presented by Thomas Luebke, AIA, Secretary, U.S. Commission of Fine Arts; Bill Dowd, Director, Plan and Project Implementations Division, National Capital Planning Commission
- Bringing New Life to Old Buildings > Presented by Kristine Bishop Johnson and Kan Jandura, both of AECOM Design.
- Beyond Repair: Historic Window Replacement > Presented by Marc S. Held, Vice President of Commercial Sales, Marvin Windows and Doors/Light Styles Ltd.
- Meeting Challenges and Avoiding Pitfalls in a Historic District LEED Project , an Owner’s Perspective > Presented by T. David Bell, AIA, LEED AP, BELL Architects, PC.
- ....just to name a few!
DesignDC 2009 web site for all the details: www.aiadesigndc.org