THE MARIE WALSH SHARPE ART FOUNDATION
Along with a Consortium of funders including: Basil Alkazzi, The Milton and Sally Avery Arts Foundation, Inc., The Richard Florsheim Art Fund, The Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation, The Robert Gould Foundation, The Greenwich Foundation, New York, Agnes Gund and Daniel Shapiro, The Pollock-Krasner Foundation, Inc., The Judith Rothschild Foundation, and The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
Visual artists 21 and over are invited to submit proposals for FREE Studio Spaces. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent U.S. Residents, and not in school at the time of residency. Emerging, mid-career and older artists are encouraged to apply. The 14 studios are non-living spaces for the making of new works of art. There is no stipend or equipment provided. Juried by a panel of artists. Studios are available beginning Sept. 1, 2006 for periods of up to one year. Artists who presently have a studio larger than 400 sq. ft. in New York City are not eligible.
Proposals should include (there is no application form):
1. 8 slides (35mm) of recent work (on slides write: slide number, name and show top of work with arrow). Or CD of 8 images (maximum height or width 1240 pixels, file format must be .jpg or .gif, 300 dpi resolution, file size should be no larger than 1.2 MB). Or, if needed to portray art work (installations), a video/DVD (3 minutes or less).
2. An annotated list: image number, title, size, medium, date of work. Or, for video/DVD, a brief paragraph describing work, include date of work.
3. A resumé. Please include a phone number, e-mail address and date of birth.
4. A concise statement (no more than 1 page) indicating why studio space is needed.
5. Specify desired starting date (after Sept. 1, 2006) and length of stay (up to one year).
6. A self-addressed, stamped envelope for returning slides, CD, DVD or video.
Postmark Deadline -- January 31, 2006 All applications will be notified by the end of April, 2006.
Send Proposals to: The Space Program
The Marie Walsh Sharpe Art Foundation
830 North Tejon Street, Suite 120
Colorado Springs, CO 80903