Tuesday, December 20, 2005

When it Rains it Pours

As I brought soup to my friend on Saturday, I swore I wouldn't end up flat on my back following the doctor's prescribed RICE method - Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate...my ankle. I took a tumble yesterday from a seemingly simple task on a ladder - going over backwards, spraining my ankle and bruising parts of my behind. I mused as I limped home thoughts that I got off easy. Five of my friends are laid up around the metropolitan area with broken ankles and sprains. Mine is a category 1 minor sprain. I have been tending to some of the worst ones over the last few weeks wondering how in the world so many people could be in the same predicament at once! Irony of all ironies...here I lay me down to sleep with ice to keep my sprain at rest.
Taking these REST times to heart....It's a good time to do some goal setting for the New Year. My computer still works and I'll be reading, writing and thinking over the week, no walking to gallery openings or friends exhibitions. My "party" is over for a few days and then maybe I'll see you at the next one. You can't keep an artist down for long especially one with a sense of the humor of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment