Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Getting in the Holiday groove

Ok, I have to admit, I am already shopping for holiday gifts. Since I'm not making jewelry and my giftees are arty by nature, I went by the National Museum of Women in the Arts yesterday to check out the Holiday Gift Market. (By the way, the gift shop at NMWA is one of my favorite year round places to pick up affordable unique adorning gifts.) Yesterday, I found wonderful beaded treasures among all the Holiday Market vendors. There were beautiful purses, clothing, soaps, necklaces, earrings, pins - all hand made. The artists who caught my eye were Aygil Volare who also shows her jewelry in the National Museum of Women in the Arts Museum Shop . Volare doesn't sell directly to the public so you will have to go to the shop to purchase her gemstone necklaces and pewter bracelets. Cassandra and Stacey, favorite designers at http://www.ikickedaboy.com/ikickedaboy/index.htm have amazing three-tiered gemstone chokers that feel good and look great! I had to get one for myself. (You know that gift?) IKickedaboy.com web site is coming soon. Sandrine Giraud creates a line of necklaces made of flexible steel cables that are unique and futuristic. See a sample at www.nikaia.com. Cheryl Chandola, owner of Better World Inc. had a nice range of fun lucite and elegant gemstone necklaces, earrings, and woven cuff bracelets.
It feels good to have beautifully crafted gifts to adorn some magnificent women in my life. (And I'm still on budget.) Good luck with the shopping. There's lots of good art and good crafts out there. Now go and buy them from your favorite local artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment