7th Annual Gateway Open Studio Tour!
15 Venues. 70 Studios. 120 Artists.
Saturday, May 14th, 12-5pm
in the Gateway Arts District of Prince George’s County, MD
§ Free shuttle bus transportation along the Route 1/Rhode Island Ave corridor will help you to all the venues on the tour
§ Or … drive, walk, bike your way along this self guided tour
§ Maps and more information at www.gatewaycdc.org and www.gatewayopenstudios.com in advance of the tour, or at the Gateway Arts Center on the day of the tour
Gateway Arts Center at Brentwood
3901 Rhode Island Avenue
Brentwood, MD 20722
Events/Exhibits on the day of the tour:
Several sites on the tour will be holding exhibits or events which include:
- Brentwood Arts Exchange (in the Gateway Arts Center, first floor): BIG IDEAS an exhibition by: Sondra N. Arkin, Susan Finsen and Ellyn Weiss
- 2:00pm - Artist Talk: Sondra N. Arkin, Susan Finsen, & Ellyn Weiss will talk about their art work and walk guests through their exhibition
- 4:00pm - Join the Community Spirit: A dialogue with the three artists about their installation, Community Spirit, where you are invited to leave your mark
- 39th Street Gallery (Gateway Arts Center, second floor): Opening reception following the tour from 5:30-8pm, BODY, curated by Ledelle Moe
- Joe’s Movement Emporium: MUJERES, a new exhibit by Alberto Garcia featuring striking portraits of women in the arts, culture, and humanities
- artDC: Reception for artDC’s Patron’s Exhibit
Additional information for these events can be found at www.gatewaycdc.org.
The Gateway Open Studio Tour is generously supported by: Maryland National Capitol Park and Planning Commission, Bank of America and the Anacostia Trails Heritage Association.