Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Gallery Plan b is Featuring Paintings By:

Tanja Bos
April 4, 2007 – May 13, 2007

“I imagine unfocused images in my mind as I have once envisioned or dreamed an experience. It is not my goal to achieve realism in my work, but to seek an expression of that which is yet to be discovered. I find nature awe inspiring, forever a narrative that speaks to me. I am inspired by my travels in Europe and think often of the passing views of the beautiful scenery. I strive to achieve a mood, a calm perception of a captured moment, and play between abstraction and a more defined visual. I use an intensely rich and dramatic color palette to evoke the dreamlike qualities that will draw in the viewer to seek their own relationship. I use oil paints on canvas or oil on wood, using gesso and sometimes wax. I like to expose the wood in a few of the paintings to accentuate the use of the material and its link to nature. I get the desired textured effect in my paintings by scraping, rubbing, diluting or enhancing the density of the paint.” –Tanja Bos
www.tanjabos.com

Pastels by Shoshanna Ahart are featured in the gallery from April 4, 2007 – May 13, 2007.

Gallery plan b
1530 fourteenth street, nw
washington, dc 20005
www.galleryplanb.com
202.234.2711

wed - sat 12-7
sun 1-5 info@galleryplanb.com or by appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment