Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Cutting Up for the Muse

Wow, I'm home late after finishing up with two new paintings that are going out tomorrow to a Fall benefit. My long time photographer, Greg Staley showed up at 10 am and spent a good 3 hours photographing the paintings. I'm doing some smaller canvases to display for Open Studio weekend as well as the larger work. I still have more painting to do! Preparing for these events is an interesting exercise all in itself, painting the walls, sorting and selecting work, cleaning, hanging work. All this and more painting (and some other projects too!) over the course of the next 1 1/2 weeks. I came across an older canvas today which didn't work. I took great pleasure in cutting it up. Throwing things out clears way for the muse to re-enter.

www.annemarchand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment