Friday, May 23, 2008

Fresh Made Italian Gelato, please....thank you!

I was dreaming of a delicious Italian Gelato on our walk tonight. It's just the brisk kind of evening that calls for something sweet. Walking down P Street, I spied a sandwich board on the sidewalk in front of Crepes A-Go-Go which read, Fresh Made Italian Gelato, waterbased, dairy free. I made a beeline into the shop and ordered a small combo of raspberry and lemon gelato. Wow! Now that's a way to cap off a great spring evening. What a great find on my walking adventure.

Crepes A-Go-Go opened three weeks ago with their second store at 2122 P Street NW. I'll be going back for more gelato.

And while you are there, take a look around at the many new restaurants on that block. I counted four new restaurants, including Biryani Corner a small Indian place near Metro Market. They were offering a free samosa taste treat to passerbys, (I was too full to sample that one) but hey, there's always tomorrow. Even artists gotta eat.

Biryani Corner
($)Indian
2126 P St NW
Washington 20037(Btwn 21st & 22nd St NW)
202-822-6226.

Crepes A-Go-Go
2122 P Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
(off of Dupont Circle)
202-955-5655

No comments:

Post a Comment