The Latela Curatorial x Artsy: Women in the Arts Online Exhibition is a 6-week virtual exhibition featuring 102 women artists working across multiple media from DC, MD & VA.
Artworks in this exhibition are available for sale. Purchasing art made by women artists supports the gap in pay, auction market, press and exhibition representation of women in the arts. Additionally, when you purchase artwork from this fair, you also support Latela Curatorial's mission to make space for women in arts management as Latela Curatorial is woman-owned and women-operated.
Women in the Arts, Room 2 ~ Artist as Mother :: Artist Mothers
An excerpt on #theworkwemustdo by curator Marta Staudinger:
“... a woman’s creative ability is her most valuable asset, for it gives outwardly and it feeds her inwardly at every level: psychic, spiritual, mental, emotive, and economic. The wild nature pours out endless possibilities, acts as birth channel, invigorates, slakes thirst, satiates our hunger for the deep and wild life. Ideally, this creative river has no dams on it, no diversions, and especially *no misuse.
Take away notes:
Do not misuse the creative river that which empowers & is taken care of by the woman artist.
She is a life-giver ~ honor + protect her energy.
Sign up for opening alerts, and programming each themed week at https://www.latelacuratorial.com/artsy-women-in-the-arts-online-exhibition
THEMES / “VIEWING ROOMS”:
1. Materiality - In the Flesh (opens October 12, 2020)
2. Artist as Mother - Artist Mothers (opens October 19, 2020)
3. The Idea - Abstract to Surrealism Art (opens October 26, 2020)
4. The Vision - Seeing & Being Seen (opens November 2, 2020)
5. Action & Existence; Activism Art & the Value of Collections (opens November 9, 2020) 6. The Surrender - Trust & Process (opens November 16, 2020)
ROOM 2 PARTICIPATING ARTISTS: