Thursday, June 15, 2006

MARY CHEN ANSWERS District of Columbia Public Officials Arts Questionnaire 2006

In reply to your questions:

1. Yes I would support continued funding. As with all funding, however, the specific amounts must be determined in light of the revenues and expenditures.

2. I'm very pleased to know that the economic impact is significant, but I would support investment in the arts even if the "return" were less dramatic. I do not have any specific plan, but, as a Member of the Council, I would simply be alert to opportunities to enhance the the revitalization of our communities with art.

3. The arts lift our spirits, allow us to dream, enhance the quality of life and provoke reflection.

4. I like the idea.

5. I would like to see more street art and a greater presentation of art accessible to people where they live and work.

6. I go to Kennedy Center performances from time to time and visit the museums. I probably stop in to see exhibits (e.g., the Frank Gehry exhibition and the Nature Conservancy's "Wild Places" exhibit) at the Corcoran more than any other since it is very near where I work.

Thanks for asking,
Mary M. Cheh, Ward 3 Council candidate

No comments:

Post a Comment