Monday, July 31, 2006

Focus: STEVENS JAY CARTER, the artist with three names

I have a bias for artists who are working to lift the vibrational rate of the world and Stevens is one who's work I truly admire. Check out more of his artwork at his website, www.stevensjaycarter.com/. Stevens Jay Carter is a 2006 recipient of The Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant Award.

SOLO Exhibition
September 23 - October 22, 2006
Opening Reception
Saturday, September 23, from 2 - 5 PM

AMERICAN PAINTING
formely the Kushnir Taylor American Painting Gallery
208 E. 6th St.
New York, New York,10003
212-254-2628

"Carter is interested in creating a world where all of our energies are handled in a positive and harmonious manner: "I love making all of the colors work together regardless where they fall on the color wheel". Stevens thinks artists should take the lead in creative pursuits to shape the world around us with their artwork. He is working on a large scale public commission in Maryland."

"Over the last two decades I have always tried to diversify my artistic skills and vision... I am a visual scientist and as this century unfolds I remain committed to my goals. As I stated twenty years ago, I continue to explore the fears and inhibitions that control our minds".

No comments:

Post a Comment