Sunday, April 29, 2007

No show last night

I didn't have a chance to go to the opening of "No Representation" or "Supple" last night. It would be good to hear from those who did. Wedding bells were pealing for some of my friends as hubbie and I headed to an early wedding reception in Georgetown which lasted way past our bedtime hour. I did get to artDC earlier in the day to hear the lecture on the collecting mystique. Before 5pm, I managed to sneak a peak at the Warehouse Gallery shows. What caught my eye was work by Rex Weil, Pat Goslee, Ellyn Weiss, J. Belmar, Robin Rose, Adam Fowler, Mary Early, Laura Lukaszewski and Kevin Kepple. There's lots more good work and I'll be going back to take another look. I loved going up the inside steps of Warehouse Gallery with the ancient looking walls. The place exudes history, age, creativity, and intrigue. It's a great space to display art. J. T. Kirkland at Thinking About Art says he will have some professional shots of the show done soon by photographer and friend Greg Staley. Greg is a great guy to work with and an excellent professional photographer in DC. Anybody got links to pics from Sat. night's opening?


Warehouse
1017-21 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
202.783.3933

No comments:

Post a Comment