Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dupont Circle Architecture - 2 Days to go 'till Open Studios


When I observe the architecture of Dupont and Logan Circles and the Shaw neighborhood in Washington, DC, I see geometry in motion, ornamentaion, humanity, many craftsman's hands and humanitarian minds. The architects who built our city at the turn of the century exhibited a sense of style, warmth, community, beauty and inspiration in the rowhouses they designed. I am reminded of the ideals of balance and proportion along with a love for delightful ornamentation and rhythm. This print echoes some of the rhythms that make up our living environs with a whimsical emphasis on color and movement. It is part of my Dupont Circle Series direct from the neighborhood. This limited edition giclee print, "Over 20th Street, NW," measures 20" x 30". © Anne Marchand. All rights reserved.


Mid City Artists Open Studios. Come visit my Studio on Saturday & Sunday, November 12 & 13, from 12-5pm. I'll be offering abstract and cityscape paintings, giclee prints and posters. My studio is in Dupont Circle, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle Metro. You can download a Mid City Artists Walking Map here.

www.annemarchand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment