Saturday, November 12, 2005

It was a wonderful brisk day with a lot of foot traffic to Open Studios. I talked nonstop to community members, friends, artists, art patrons and media folks. Since I was talking artspeak all day, I didn't take pictures and had to wait until Steve came by with his camera. He shot a few pics of me with some of our visitors. Telephone reports from other artists confirmed that folks were excited about the event. I heard glowing reports all day about our lively arts scene in Mid City DC and the good artists that are here to stay and make a scene.Tomorrow we are open from 12- 5pm. Come visit! We have Angela White, Freya Grand and myself. Close by is Nicolas Shi and Jody Bergstresser. A few blocks east of us are Gary Fisher, Glenn Fry and John Talkington. Sculptor, Robert Cole is a couple of blocks north plus many more artists studios are in walking distance of Dupont, Logan Circles and Shaw. I am hanging three of Sondra Arkin's works in La Petite Galerie in my space. Here's a glimpse of my studio with some of our visitors.







Mid City Artists Open Studios.

www.annemarchand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment